Monthly Archives: January 2011

Making Wacky Redirect Scripts – Part III

This post is the third and final entry of redirect scripts I wrote to test my Javascript Analyzer program. 1. We all know about how to convert IP addresses to decimal. This script has the decimal value of Google’s IP … Continue reading

Posted in Malscript | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Making Wacky Redirect Scripts – Part III

Making Wacky Redirect Scripts – Part II

This post is the second part of my quest to test a Javascript Analyzer program I wrote. 1. This script shows the GNU General Public License in the HTML body. The script below reads in the DIV’s innerHTML value and … Continue reading

Posted in Malscript | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Making Wacky Redirect Scripts – Part II

Making Wacky Redirect Scripts – Part I

A couple of months ago, I created a program that would analyze Javascript code that obfuscates redirection to malicious websites. I come across a lot of these kinds of scripts so this program will make it easier and faster for … Continue reading

Posted in Malscript | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Making Wacky Redirect Scripts – Part I

Siberia Exploit Kit

Siberia Exploit Kit has been around for awhile but has been updated recently and the Javascript used to send users to its exploit page has changed. Here we see the original mess that conceals a redirect. After I remove all … Continue reading

Posted in Exploit Packs, Malscript | Tagged , | Comments Off on Siberia Exploit Kit

Java Exploit Construction Kit

Websense put out a blog post late last year that shocked me and probably the rest of the security world about how many Java exploit attempts there were compared to PDF exploits. Based on reports I’ve read throughout the year, … Continue reading

Posted in Exploit Packs | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Java Exploit Construction Kit